FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions re: CRJ900
View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2005, 11:08 am
enviroian
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Dmarsh11
We recently had our nice direct from YYC/LAS flights in August changed to a transfer through PHX. The YYC/PHX leg is on a CRJ900. We were assigned 7AC on both directions. Are these seats OK, or do you have other preferences. The booking says that carry ons are limited to 15"x9"x11". Is this accurate and enforced? What do we do with our regular sized carryons. Are they placed on a cart or something and picked up after landing. My concern is the time it takes to wait for them, if the layover between flights is short.

Does HP/Mesa have drink coupons ?

Also, is there a trick to how (online/phone) or when exactly I can try an upgrade ( 30 hours ??).

Any other comments about this flight is much appreciated.

TIA
Try to snag an exit row if possible. If memory serves these are rows 15 and 16. MAJOR leg room. The problem with the RJ's seats are not necessarily the seat's pitch, but the seat itself offers very little padding and I find my caboose to be sore after a DFW-PHX leg.

There are no (longer) F cabins in HPEX's RJ fleet.

OSB's are small and narrow. Your best bet is to gate check your rollerboard. When you arrive into Phoenix (B gates) the baggage handler will offload them and put them directly in the jetway for you to grab. I find some people are either confused and/or miffed at this concept, so just be sure to stand against the jetway wall while waiting for your bag. This ensures departing passengers who haven't gate checked luggage clear access. If it's anything larger than a briefcase, I'd be safe and gate check it. (I've seen people STUFF their larger bags into these OSB's only to have to forcefully extracate them upon deplaning and almost damaged one OSB in the process--jeez--gate check it for god's sake!)

No drink coupons that I'm aware of, just $5/beer/wine/spirits.

Enjoy