FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Website Look
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2005, 8:35 pm
martin33

Originally Posted by Robertsonland
I don't see where they charge 55K for a F award seat. I see 45K for a "Any F Seat" award which gets you a F without restrictions, so if there is one left it's yours. This is what used to be their "Top Value" F. It did go up by 5K miles as I thought it was 40K.

I haven't made an award travel in about 4 years but I never realized that it was one way before. So a Round Trip Flight in "Any Coach Seat" is 50K miles? I wish they would give discounts to elite members or something. Although I don't think I will redeem for domestic travel unless it was for someone travelling with me as I think the # of miles usually outweighs the fare. I mean 90K miles for F round trip is almost as much as Business Class Off Peak on BA @ 100K.

Lance
check the fine print-- all of the quoted redemption levels are now one-way.

it's not 45,000 for an unrestricted F, it's 90,000 r/t.

the restricted F is 27,500 one-way, or 55,000. which is 10,000 more than aa or ua.

especially silly is the one-way price quoting, but the restriction that one-way award ticketing is not allowed. Still, on the plus side, it does allow the innovative half-restricted, half-unrestricted round trip redemption.

Last edited by martin33; Jun 26, 2005 at 8:38 pm