Old Jun 25, 2005, 12:07 pm
AZ Travels the World
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
On the page that details the upgrades and new features, it states:

The convenience of managing your reservations online
Americawest.com now lets you:

-- Change seats or add a FlightFund number after your reservation has been made
This is a great new feature, BUT can anyone figure out how to do it? When I manage an existing reservation, I don't see an option anywhere.

Also, none of my existing online reservations are linked to my profile. The last time they did a web site upgrade, all reservations prior to that date were gone forever. The description says that you should be able to see all current reservations and back one year. Hopefully this is just a glitch they'll sort out. It will be pain if we can't see all of them -- the future ones at the very least.

The calendar option for seeing best fares and free award ticket availability is nice.

The pricing tool when you're building a reservation doesn't seem to be working properly. For example, I was working on building an open jaw PHX-IAH/DFW-PHX to coincide with an upcoming BA trip. The one-way prices it shows for each segment are double what the actual fare prices out as on the next screen. This may just be a problem with a "multi-city" reservation.

Once the bugs are worked out, this definitely appears to be an improvement in overall functionality. ^ I hope their web team is reading FT! This group of power users will no doubt come up with a bunch of stuff requiring their attention.