FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Effective 6/30/2005 - NO MORE GlobalPass Awards [miles for money]
Old Jun 11, 2005, 6:43 am
cygone

davistev
I can help with a few of your questions as I received answers yesterday to similar inquires. Miles needed for Central America from the US: 35,000 in coach and 50,000 in business. Miles needed US to South America, 50,000 in coach and 65,000 in business. You are allowed open jaws in a region, I booked a ticket to Bolivia, and am returning from Santiago Chile and LP/GP has said this is acceptable. I do not know the other mileage requirements.

I tried booking next March and April and was told of no availability for the four different ittineraries I inquired about. I was told that allocation of seats for the time period beyond February 2006 may not be made until later in the year, so the 330 day or 365 day booking period is not a reality. I booked seats in Febuary knowing I would have to change them to later dates as I also want to travel in May or June of 2006. LP says the change fee is 35 dollars as long as tickets are issued before end of month.