FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Effective 6/30/2005 - NO MORE GlobalPass Awards [miles for money]
Old Jun 10, 2005, 3:52 pm
vandykes44

Programs: LatinPass Million Miler
Still great customer service

I sent an email message to GP early this morning regarding viable routings to Managua. Amelia, from GP, gave me a call this afternoon to answer my question. She also asked me if I was ready to book any tickets as she was ready to help me. They continue to amaze me with their great customer service!

I know that there are some "million milers" who disparage GP constantly. However, I really feel like many of us, myself included, took advantage of a promotion that was not intended for us, and may have caused some hardship for GP. I feel fortunate to have been able to use most of my miles and see a great deal of Central and South America. Currently, I have tickets to BA reserved, and tickets to Manuagua and Lima on hold. I hope I can use most of my miles, but I agree with the previous poster that it's been fun while it lasted.

p.s. If you don't know how to burn the last of your miles, consider starying at Morgan's Rock in Nicaragua. It's a new eco-lodge (resort) that's getting great reviews.