Old Jun 2, 05, 5:13 am
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ATLKarl
I stayed in the Cavalieri on one of those Global 6 nights for 175,000 points deals. Well, I know that you're supposed to get points for nights that are reward points but this is ridiculous!! I'm not complaining at all but this just has to be a mistake!

**EDIT For my point's safety...

Basically after double points, VIP points etc. ended up getting > 83,000 points for a stay at the Cavalieri for free!
Hi there, just something about the issue of your points safety. As I have a colleague who has dealt with Hiltons reservation system and their databases for HHonors on a previous work assignment, I can tell you that HHonors Customer Service Supervisors/Managers with the appropriate rights (I don't think normal CSR's can do that though I might be wrong) can use even the limited info you provided here to track you down or at least come up with a pretty small list of possible people/accounts and do an audit of the point credits in question. Maybe they were legitimate through room charges, maybe posted by mistake - I don't know but they could find out if they wanted too as they also frequent this forum.

It was a 6-Day/175,000 points stay at the Cavallieri and you got 83,xxx odd points posted on your account for that stay. You are an HHonors Diamond. As you posted your experience just recently the stay will not have been that long ago (It doesn't matter for the database query anyway, but will likely produce more hits if a longer timeframe is checked). For all I know you could even reside in ATL and your first name could be Karl (just a maybe here) given your FT alias.

What do I want to say - if things like this happen and you choose not to call them up and point it out to them (personal choice here - no judgment whatsoever from my side is intended) then it might be wise not to mention it all even though we will miss out on a good story here on FT.

Another option is to check back with them and see what they say. After all they might even consider letting you have all the points or at least some portion of it. I had that once with 10,000 points from a promo that got posted twice and they let me have them. With 83K it could be a bit different though.

Pls let me know if you would like me to remove my quick analysis of your stay in question as I don't want to aid HHonors in any way.

Cheers ...

Last edited by demue; Jun 2, 05 at 6:01 am