Old May 31, 05, 1:13 pm
Snoopyo

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
BHH,

The main concern I see is actually that they kept you waiting in line for quite a while with a young child. If they had any customer service sense, they should have parked you in the seating area or the cafe/restaurant with a drink or coffee and send someone to get one of you to pick up the keys when they are ready.

Suite upgrade during Memorial weekend is a little much to expect since they would be busy. I took my parents to Park Hyatt Toronto on FFNs and I wanted them to have a suite so called ahead to ask what are the chance of getting one and they said it would probably require a extra fee of $50 but they could not guarantee it since most of the suites are booked. I asked to be put on the waiting list and said that I would be more than happy to pay the fee for 1 of the rooms and preferably have the 2nd regular room for me on the same floor. They managed it the day we arrived and get us a 1bdrm suite and a deluxe room and we were very happy. If suite is important for you and you are paying an eligible rate, I would suggest that you use the 6K points to get a suite upgrade.

Their breakfast is strictly within the letter of the GP policy since pastery, coffee and juice is continental breakfast. This is what I get at a Crown Plaza I stay at sometime if I did not have time to go down for breakfast at the restaurant. I might be slightly disappointed at a Park Hyatt to get such a breakfast but they are within their right, just not very great customer service since happy customers spend more.

When at PH Vendome in Paris last May, the breakfast was so nice (free coupon on a free FFN) that I treated 5 friends to brunch (breakfast buffet with a main course and a glass of champagne) there at I think 52 Euros a person and paid 20 Euro upgrade on my own brunch and spent about 100 Euros for drinks and snacks with another friend another evening. 400 Euro food and beverage sales is not bad business...