FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bump.....ouch!
Thread: Bump.....ouch!
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2005, 11:44 am
jimmyw9

Programs: AA L/T Gold, BA Gold
Thanks, I am currently composing my e-mail to AA. But can I trouble you guys for a bit more info, as I do not want to look stupid.

By upgrading my “B” class fare (using miles) did I make myself venerable to this in times of operational nightmares? Could they have not downgraded us and bumped somebody with a lower fare class. I realise that “B” fares are not the highest, but there are a few cheaper ones below that. I mean I paid £1300 ($2300) for that trip. Also, because of the flexibility in the ticket could this not have helped with my rescheduling? Should we have been put on the next flight confirmed rather than stand by. This flight we did not get on and had to wait for the next one. Therefore, having to wait at ORD an extra 7 hours. Would I have got more help in the AC with my problem? I am a member there so I would have been able to get into the club. Would having a non status travel companion have affected my status in times like this?

I have more questions but cannot think of them right now, that should keep me going for a while.

Thanks in advance