FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I can now crossdress, thanks to HP.
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2005, 8:32 am
Jaimito Cartero
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I can now crossdress, thanks to HP.

I had a long trip back from EZE the other week. I only checked one bag, and it came through fine in Atlanta. I rechecked after customs, and then flew to LAX on DL, connecting to a HP flight to PHX. (Why fly the long way? The ticket from LAX was $399, from PHX $799!)

I get to PHX and no bag. I fill out the long form, and hope that I'll get the bag before I leave the next day for CT. (This is Friday, about 1pm)

No call before I leave the next day. Come back Sunday night. No message on my machine. No message on Monday. Tuesday, they finally call. I call them back on Wednesday morning to arrange delivery.

Some guy in a normal passenger car delivers the bag. Hmmm. I open up the bag, everything looks okay. But wait. There are some woman's boots in here. And some ratty tennis shoes. Not *my* ratty tennis shoes, but someone elses. Plus so far, 1 other woman's shoe. (I haven't emptied the bag totally out yet). It seems that when they found my bag, they decided to throw some other peoples stuff in there. (I had listed one pair of tennis shoes, where are MIA, but they're old, so I'm not too hurt). I don't know why they decided to throw more stuff in though. I think they have lost bags, and just throw stuff in from these.

I didn't complain, but I can think of some guys who come home with woman's boots in their bags getting in some trouble.

I realize this could be a DL problem, but since HP took the report, delivered the bag, and had the list of contents, I'm laying at their doorstep.

It's weird, I've been getting things this year in my luggage. I got a box cutter (with handle) from the TSA in my stuff, a padlock on one of my bags (TSA), and now woman's boots. I guess everyone loves me. My birthday is next week, so perhaps it was just an early present.