FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Independence Taking Advantage of College Students?
Old May 26, 2005, 1:41 pm
flygirl2004

Originally Posted by jasamuel
That wording was definitely very clear when buying the Glide pass. I never expected availability on all FlyI flights. However it's been two weeks now of complete unavilability. While there's no doubt that these fares are snatched up quickly, I'm not sure how much more effective my searching can be. I check the fares each morning and have been unable to book anything in weeks.
I understand that it becomes difficult to refund a ticket that was technically a $0 fare. I do think that FLYI is an inovative enough organization that they could figure out a way to compensate me for my trouble, however minimal it may have been. As I said before, I didn't even recieve an apology. I know this isn't common practice on all carriers, but this airline has gone out of its way to promote a program specifically to compensate travelers who's bags are lost. Nowhere in the wording do the Happy Bags rules mention Glide passengers. And no where in the Glide rules does it mention that I'd be traveling as a "non-revenue flyer". I'm still really insulted by that term, as I now know I could have put my $249 to much better use with a company that would count me as a revenue customer.
I'm sorry if I insinuated that FLYI preys on college students. I understand that not every passenger can be completely satisfied all the time. But, I've experienced a complete failure of customer service on the several occassions I've contacted FLYI about my concerns. It makes sense that FLYI would try to build customer loyalty through these programs, but I'd say their follow through has been miserable enough to drive me the complete opposite direction in my future travels.
I'll hold off contacting DOT until I recieve a response from my last email, but I appreciate that suggestion.
Have you tried emailing their college person? It was on the old 20% off site (which i can't find anymore) but i think it was [email protected].

Hope this helps.