FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice on a Freedom Airlines CRJ
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2005, 11:34 am
AgtMulder

Originally Posted by Robertsonland
Hi all,

It looks like for the next 6 weeks or so I may be on a Freedom Airlines CRJ from Vegas to Phoenix. Anyone got any advice for seats on this plane? I've never flown and HP CRJ so I'm not sure about much. Also what can you carry on to one of these guys? I usually only travel with my laptop backpack and my carryon for clothes. Any advice would be appreciated.

Lance
Do you mean Mesa? IIRC, Freedom hasn't worked w/ HP in a while.

Anyway, I prefer row 2 on those planes as I have stowage in the area in front of me. However, go with row 1 if possible. You'll want to be as close to the front as possible - even if I get offered exit rows I don't take it as it will take what seems like eternity trying to get off on landing as I am a tall guy and usually have to bend over when walking around inside.

It depends on the station you fly out of. I've found LAS to be the most forgiving, some stations (SLC) will seem to check anything except for a purse. However, you should be ok with your laptop case. If your clothes are in a wheeled carryon you may want to gatecheck them.

Make sure to get on as one of the first (if elite). If not, you may have the misfortune of getting stuck next to one of those special types of CRJ passengers who believes all of the overhead bin space on both sides belongs to them for some reason.