FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 25% Off Starpoint Redemption
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2005, 2:44 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by dhacker
SPG deserves a lot of credit for extending this offer. I do hope some additional notifications are also planned, since FT shouldn't be the only way to discover such a generous promotion.

However, I don't reallly buy the deletions, firewalls, and as spam filters as an excuse. The rest of the SPG email seems to have no trouble finding it's way to our inboxes. Unless the SPG IT department does some serious evaluation of it own procedures, these types of communication breakdowns are likely to continue.
Agree fully dhacker.
Except with the excuse portion you refer to in your post.
It is still none the less a reasonably logical explanations in some cases.
I recieved a United Airline promo and Trilegiant/Cendant (owners of Avis and Orbitz) in my spam filter this week.
Yet others were not rejected or come through without fail.
I too did not receive the SPG 25% email.
I regularly screen all filtered spam email carefully before deleting.

But it could or might have been my fault had I deleted in a rush
Certainly far from impossible.
I am quite observant and watchful on average with my preferred partner communications though.

At present I am working on another problem unrelated.
But this involves receiving Starwood promotions and not being able to open them or link to the desired info
That may stem from my systems internal security system.
I hope to solve that one on my own.
But I keep some good company in knowing there are others having the same problem.
Being I have forwarded them to others who have opened them I have to look at our/my computers as one of the more guilty parties

But let me say that this none the less demonstrates the real core of what makes Starwood so great.
They listen closely to the voice of the customer and best of all appropriately respond when necessary.

All the interest is making me want to book something.
But I have most everything booked thru to Sept and the few SPG point awards I'm on at present don't qualify for the reduction.
Yet I reamin quite satisfied with the value those awards deliver without having to wait for a good promotion like this one that is currently being offered.Happy bookings all

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; May 24, 2005 at 7:11 pm