FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 25% Off Starpoint Redemption
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2005, 11:40 am
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Thumbs up Impressive

Originally Posted by BWI Flyer
So, let me get this right -- if we were Platinum until February, and helped get Starwood the Freddie awards through our loyalty and votes, but now we're Gold, we can't avail ourselves of the award?

I think that's pretty short-sighted. You're basically telling us that our continued business -- albeit at a lower level than before -- isn't valuable.
I still think this was a noble gesture on Starwood's part especially to extend the offer to those affected who would like to book award travel.

No question Starwood obvioulsy appreciated every vote.
It was quite evident from all of the Flyertalkers (self included)that attended the event.
But like targeted marketing there are always some that are going to feel left out.
FYI
There was a 50% off award bookings promotion to Platinum members in the past
I just reviewed it in my old Starwood files.This was when Starwood took numerous Conde Nast Awards which were voted on a few years ago.
Nobody said boo at the time as I remember.

I'm glad to just be a regular supportive but regular demanding customer

Because evidently Starwood can do no right here.

But it is one of the reasons I have always maintained my Platinum status at all costs.
The benefits have been richer and the ride much sweeter.

Let us all try to be supportive and hope for another great collection of promos down the road.
Which I'm sure are coming to an email nearest you.
That is if the mean Cyberspace goobler doesn't crush it first
Cheers and thanks to Mr. Sanders and Starwood for their concern and speedy resolution.
Brilliant and well done ^

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; May 24, 2005 at 12:58 pm