FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 25% Off Starpoint Redemption
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2005, 12:52 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by moulder3
I am also set-up to get all offer emails.

I just called Corporate Services (800-328-6242) and let them know how upset I was that we didn't all get emails for this offer. The lady I spoke to was also a bit confused after she looked into the promo code, only to find that "it was set-up as a targeted promo, however the code looks vaid for all platinums."

So apparently Starwood is now only thanking *select* Platinums for winning them Freddie awards. Good to know my positive reviews, and more importantly, $$$$ to Starwood (for all my stays) didn't help them.

If you can, I urge you all to call corporate services and show your disapproval at the way this promo was handled. They owe it to us to fix this problem, and offer a Round 2 for the promo.

(I am moments away from moving to Marriott Rewards....)
I seriously doubt that Starwood intended this for select Platinums.
My call to the contact center last night advised me that it was open previously to all Platinum members.
I'm sure there will be plenty more excellent earning and redemption opportunities with Starwood down the road.

However if I was going to run from or consider something other then Starwood Preferred Guest I would not probably consider Marriott Rewards as my first choice.But to each their own