FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 25% Off Starpoint Redemption
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2005, 6:39 am
wma

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
I posted (#21) that I did not get the email. William replied

"The idea that this email is going to land in every SPG Platinum member's email box simultaneously is an unrealistic expecation.

Usually, these are sent in batches. If you have an email account attached to your Starwood Preferred Guest account, have opted in to receive emails from us, then it will be sent to you. If it still never arrives, it could be because of your browser security settings, or it could have been diverted to your bulk email folder, or there could be a problem that neither of us are aware of that needs to be addressed.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services"

I then went to SPG to check if I'm signed up for everything - I was, then I checked my browser securty settings - they were okay; then I checked my bulk/junk email folders - nothing from SPG. I called up comcast - my ISP asked if they had any filters I should be aware of - nothing.

I think the problem is with SPG's IT department and the programs they use to do bulk mailing. I don't think those folks know there a**es from their elbows. I can't imagine the marketing department would be stupid enough to email the promotion to only a sample of PLT's, when the promo was open to all PLT's and posted on their website (if you hit it right - another IT success).

Either way, I think the way this "Thank You" was handled was done poorly, again making PLT's - their loyal customer base angry.

Last edited by wma; May 23, 2005 at 6:41 am Reason: typo