FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Continental cut business fares up to 50 pct
Old Oct 3, 2001, 12:14 pm
bry99

If business fares weren't such complete nonsense, I wouldn't have to fly HP and eat their soggy "lightly salted peanuts" so often. Their IAH-PHX-SJC unrestricted fare of $550 RT justifies the extra 3-4 hours RT travel time over CO's $2082 unrestricted for IAH-SJC -- which hasn't changed any despite yesterday's announcement. Meanwhile, CRP-IAH-SJC unrestricted is $715 RT, even though you're on the exact same planes for the two IAH-SJC segments. (Thank goodness for that weekend home.) Meanwhile, even if I buy the danged $2082 RT fare, some yokel who got comped gold status (or one of these 2/5 silver/gold challenges) will get a FC upgrade on a $200 ticket while, as a silver who has given CO far more dough over the year than that gold, I'm sitting in the back of the bus, maybe even in a freaking middle seat. Is that any way to treat a $2000 passenger? In a crappy economy is this any way to encourage business travel? Could I at least get some drink coupons for being a loyal customer, like on WN? The world makes no sense!