FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy one Business Class Ticket get one Free with Credit Card
Old May 19, 2005, 9:43 am
christianj

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
As an AMEX Plat. cardholder, I take advantage of the 2 for 1 BC ticket several times a year. I usually check prices of buying two BC tickets before I buy the AMEX 2 for 1 just to make sure it is a better deal. Basics to keep in mind:

1. Booking has to be through AMEX travel and charged to your Plat. AMEX as mentioned before.
2. As far as I know, the 2 for 1 is only available to US cardholders and the originating flight has to be from a US city. Both travellers have to fly the exact same flights!
3. Booking is a full fare BC rate.
4. Companion will not receive frequent flier points.
5. Only certain airlines participate in the program. Here's a link:

https://www124.americanexpress.com/c...airprogram.jsp

FYI, there is also a similar offer if you apply for a Merrill Lynch Merrill+ Visa Card. The difference here is:

1. Only good for British Airways
2. Must book a full fare ticket in either World Traveler Plus, Premier Economy, Club World or First and companion flies free in the same class.
3. Only one use of this is allowed per year unless you are a Merrill +2 (must charge at least $20k on the card yearly) or a Merrill +3 (min. $50k per year) member.

I have both options since I have both cards but I use the AMEX alternative all the time. Just got done with the following routing on the 2 for 1:

IAD-MUC with LH
MUC-IST with LH
BUD-MUC with LH
MUC-IAD with LH

Last edited by christianj; May 19, 2005 at 9:46 am