FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO1724 IAH-AUS serviced via bus
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2001, 10:48 pm
kanebear

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dbaker:
(Those of you that think MD80s are bad will really enjoy this)

So, my sweetheart is “flying” ATL-IAH-AUS this evening. ATL-IAH arrived on time, but IAH-AUS was not nearly as smooth. After being delayed for three hours for mechanical problems (in fifteen minute intervals, of course), the gate agent announced that a bus would service the route.

That’s right, the flight was supposed to arrive around 7:30pm CT in AUS, but it’s now 10:30pm CT and the non-continental-branded bus has just left IAH with a driver that is soliciting passengers for directions to AUS.

I refuse to believe that there wasn’t another aircraft at IAH for them to service this route. It’s unacceptable to me that this last-resort was used at IAH and, additionally, that something was only done after delaying the flight for three hours.

Unbelievable. Has anyone seen them give up on a route like this before and just put everyone on a bus?

I think that they should arrive around 1am, but CO is claiming 1:30am. When bussing into AUS, where do passengers deplane (or debus as the case is)?

</font>
*LOL* Even better, do they make you keep your cellphone off for the duration of the "flight"? I've never heard of CO doing that EVER. I'd think they'd be more likely to do the hotel voucher thing and leave the next morning, or press another aircraft into service. Think someone on the ground got a bit 'overinventive?'