FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Embassy Suites Secaucus - Meadowlands {US-NJ}
Old May 18, 2005, 3:45 pm
Points Scrounger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by rnovak
I arrived last night at the Embassy Suites - Meadowlands (NJ) and at check in asked the desk clerk if my Gold welcome package (Water and Cookies) were in the room.

I was told "You don't get a welcome package at Embassy Suites, that's only at Hilton's". Seeing that it was already almost 1 a.m. and I wanted to get some sleep I let it go.

It seems that more and more I have to ask for my 'welcome' package at the Hilton branded hotels, not much of a welcome if you have to ask for it...

Anyone else seeing this trend??

I really wanted my cookies

The clerk had it backwards: Embassy gives the cookies and actual "Hiltons" don't. I would've brought it up again at the desk the next morning, when that clerk wasn't on duty.
As for being "Touched" at Embassy and Hampton, I've always had success with the snax. Worst case has been at Embassy Suites in Portland, OR; I did not realize the loot was missing until a housekeeper knocked in the early evening to deliver it (obviously without my asking).