FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Happy Bags coupon code for $40+ on RT
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2005, 11:51 am
viveque

Ethical or non-Ethical ...??

Ok... I agree that we are in a grey area when we speak about using online discount coupons. But,

1. Recently flyertalk had a mistaken/low fare of $115 from BOS-MAD. We all knew it was a pricing error like the $51 to Fiji. yet so many people booked in. I guess I can argue that it is not ethical on our part to chear an airline and people should voluntarily give up their claims?

2. Do you know that the person sitting next to you on DH may have paid $600 for the same trip for which you pay $200. Do you feel it is unethical to pay less and travel with somebody who has paid more than you?

3. This airline will have made more than a million coupons available based on a simple assumption that a million checked in luggaes during a month and half promotion. If they had so much cared for maintaining the secrecy of the codes they would have issued randomly generated codes. They didnt - so they dont care ... Its easy to blame average joe for him trying to save $20. But let me tell you everyone booking online is trying to save every dollar. There will be many people not using the coupons and many who will want them and use it my way ... Its for the airline to maintain a system of checks and baances ...I will do my best to remain ethical but I agree with you that this is a grey area and it is open for debate ... If you feel it is unethical then you have every right to think that way ....

4. I believe that Online discount coupons are being used to lure customers to book more with the specific airline .. There is very little one can do when it comes to online bookings as everybody creates their own rules...