FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Elite Status Matching To Other Hotel Chains From Hilton Honors Status
Old May 16, 2005, 9:20 am
MKEbound

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
Welcome to flyertalk!

I was successful in getting a comp to Starwood Platinum based on my Hhonors Diamond status.

I faxed the following request along with a print out of my previous 12 months activity at HHonors hotels from the HHonors website to SPG customer service. An e-mail saying I was approved to an upgrade to SPG plat was sent to me with in 4 days. If you want the exact fax number, there are previous threads that list the best fax number to use. I'm not sure how many nights you have with HHonors, but I had over 60 nights when I made my request.

Per your second question, I requested my comp last fall, and the gave me status through 02/06; so I have to stay enough this year to re-qualify for status next year .

FWIW, I do stay at SPG locations when ever I can now! The benfits for Platinums are great

RE: SPG Status Match Request

For the past few years I have been staying most often at HHonors or Marriott properties as I travel for business and pleasure, however more than one of my coworkers have mentioned that they prefer SPG properties because of your great service and the excellent benefits to Platinum members. I am currently SPG Gold, but it was suggested to me that I could request to be comped Platinum status based on my Hilton HHonors Diamond VIP status.

I would like to begin staying at your properties more, and if I had Platinum status it would be an easy decision to stay at SPG properties over Hilton. I have included a copy of my current HHonors Diamond card and a print out of my most recent stays from the HHonors website.

Sincerely,

MKEbound
SPG# XXXXXXXXXX
Xxx xxxxx Rd
Xxxxxx, WI XXXXX
414-555-1234