FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question regarding Airport check-in only?
Old May 5, 2005, 10:07 am
bhatnasx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is kind of random - but I've had this happen to me on DL before when I was flying IAD-ATL-CVG-TYS-DTW-IAD for a trip to TYS. They wouldn't let me check-in since I was on 2 carriers. I went through the online checkin process & right before it tells you you can't check in, it flashes, for just a second, the check-in screen. Go ahead & try hitting "STOP" on your browser & print out that page. Then call DL & tell them that you're having issues checking in. I did this, they told me that I was SSSS'd as a special services passenger - I questioned what that meant & they told me that it may mean that I have a special meal or need a wheelchair transfer. After about 5 minutes on the phone with their tech support & telling them that I was able to get to one page on the OLCI, they manually cleared my SSSS & reset my itin & let me check-in. This has only worked with DL & only once - (but I've only had this issue once with DL - a few times with CO & NW & US though) - but if you feel motivated, you may want to give it a shot & get them to clear your SSSS.

Also, as this is DL specific, I'm moving this to the DL forum where you may get better answers to your question.

bhatnasx
Mileage Run Moderator

Last edited by bhatnasx; May 5, 2005 at 10:14 am