FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - U.S. asks for more data on travelers
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2005, 12:13 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
Might want to try this on a different bulletin board...

Originally Posted by bocastephen
At first, I figured I will just resist, get to the airport early to get my groping, and tell any TSA person who protests my lack of cooperation to stick it up his/her Ashcroft...then I started to think....this is all a database...and it is fairly easy to make a database useless by filling it with garbage...since, garbage_in = garbage_out

so....what is to stop us from giving a different birthdate each and every time we book a ticket. For those who don't accumulate miles (the ticket name usually has to match the account to get credit), you can give a slightly different variation of your name each time you travel - for example, Al, Allen, Allan, Alan, etc. etc. If enough people get on the bandwagon, we can cause some serious ripples in the accuracy of their data.

So, we would be complying, avoiding secondary, but poisoning the database with garbage everytime we booked a ticket.

Would it end up sinking SecureFlight? Probably not...but it would call needed attention to the stupidity of these procedures and possibly get some of the Sheeple out there to wake up and see there are some people who won't sit quietly and comply with their orders.

Any thoughts?