FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HP to India via NW?
View Single Post
Old May 2, 2005, 11:09 am
AZ Travels the World
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kikokona
Has anyone had luck getting award tix to India using Flightfund via NW? I called FF and was told they don't offer it, even though it is on HP's website.At only 60K miles it seems to be the cheapest way to get there compared to redeeming miles on BA or Virgen.Looks like NW has service via AMS only.
NW only appears to service Mumbai with its own aircraft (via AMS). Delhi is served by a codeshare with KLM, which because the flight is on KLM aircraft would not be available to you using HP miles.

If it is Mumbai you are trying to get to, it clearly states on HP's website that NW is a FF option. It is possible the person you spoke with isn't fully informed. Did you speak with the International Awards desk? If not, call Flight Fund back and ask to speak to them directly.

The other options is, if you're serious about it, submit a request for what you want (specifying NW only) and see what they come back with. Though I will also say that if you have the extra 20K miles, I'd certainly go with Virgin over NW, if available. The overall experience is MUCH better, especially in economy given that NW uses an old DC-10 on that route. Virgin, though, only serves Delhi and not Mumbai, so it definitely depends on where you want to go and the number of miles you can or will part with.