FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Congratulations to everyone at America West
Old May 2, 2005, 7:19 am
Robertsonland

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
Also, flyers at every Preferred level on US are allowed to upgrade a companion with them, and the companion will clear at the same window as the preferred member himself.
Personally, I look at this as not necessarily a good thing. I rarely travel with someone and if I do I use miles to upgrade. But every "companion" that flies and gets an upgrade that is one fewer elites that get an upgrade. I'm sure with most Preferred's that they usually travel alone as well but I'm sure if they did this where Plats could upgrade a companion at their window, more gold's and silver's and some lower plats would be mighty upset because they didn't get bumped when companions helped take away the seats that were available. Alot of the time there are only about 4 seats left on the flights I take anyway...that would be 2 plats and their companion and everyone else is in the back of the bus. Yes it would be nice in those few instances where I have a companion on my itinerary but I really hope HP doesn't adopt this as part of FF.

Lance