FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Congratulations to everyone at America West
Old May 1, 2005, 6:27 pm
GotCalcio4

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by IMStill4Travel
You've got to be kidding me!!! Their program has gone to sh**. These boneheads reduce the elite bonus' to 50% and 25% respectively for Golds/Silvers and they still win?? I'm a PLAT...I didn't take bad of a hit..but geesh!
Another thing...award redemption is a joke as far as I'm concerned. Maybe your experiences are different (and I hope they are) but STANDARD awards are almost never available for me...traveling from SAN-PHX-XXX (usually GDL).
This is ridiculous.

I'm going to have to agree, although in fewer words

Consider US's program, which still offers the mileage bonuses that HP used to offer. US's upgrade window for Chairman's Preferred is 7 days (compare to HP's 3 days for Plat) and 3 days for Gold (compare to 2 days for HP gold). Also, flyers at every Preferred level on US are allowed to upgrade a companion with them, and the companion will clear at the same window as the preferred member himself. Plus US participation in *A gives preferreds even more recognition.

I'm just using US as an example. NW has an excellent elite program, too, and is more deserving of this award than HP.

So does anyone have any ideas as to why HP received this award again? Is it just because HP advertises their elite program more or what? Or are people just blindly voting based on who has won in the past?!