FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Market research... or Marketing?
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2005, 8:44 am
parnel
At Large

Originally Posted by marbuck
The point is that many things can be happening at the same time -- and businesses are getting smarter at linking their internet presence with real client connections and marketing. AC may simply be getting it right.
My exact point for attempting these DO's. The open and mostly "ad lib" interaction is good for both customer and service provider simply because its getting very difficult for any management to hide under a rock these days.

The management team we've met at AC are certainly up for the challenge and very eager to sop up their customers opinions and give their feedback to us. I think "Tango plus" is the outcome of such feedback. And I know of other projects that are underway at AC based on live feedback from FT members. The amount of staff time and effort they are putting in to meet with us certainly makes a believer out of me. I don't really think most of us here are fully aware of their efforts to interact with this community.

Management are doing their part as well to ensure that AC employees are able to put themselves in the customer's shoes and that is,for me anyway, the best way for them to provide a quality service oriented airline and make money at the same time. I would even like to see more of these DO's where front line staff like concierges and FA's are present, or joint meetings with Airport authorities, government, AC and ourselves and I think that day may hopefully come sooner than later.

FT'ers are targetted because we simply know a lot,expect a lot, and are not afraid or shy about our positions which are "mostly" constructive and logical.

AC has,for their part, been open and willing to explain their business case for doing or not certain things that we as customers want.....or don't want.

Even though a "FT DO" is open to all the AC event part of a "DO" is better done with a smaller number of people that come from this community at large on a more or less random basis. The feedback gets well reported here for all to read and we solicit opinions from those not attending to bring with us to the event. There is no intent to make these "elitist" as I've been accused of doing.