FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Merrill+ VISA [Consolidated]
View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2005, 11:46 am
christianj

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Just called to check some availability for dates I was thinking about using the vouchers in various locations and here is what I have found out for 3 different properties:

1. Ritz Carlton NYC Central Park - No availability after Aug. 30. I was looking for a two day stay in Dec. Agent said that sometime specific properties will block out times to later open them up after they see how many regular reservations they have received.
2. Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel - Plenty of 4 days blocks availabe in both Sept. and Oct. Agent gave me numerous dates where we could arrive and stay for 4 nights. (not just weeknights!)
3. Ritz Carlton South Beach Miami - Shown to not be participating in the booking system. Agent said he would pass this problem on to a supervisor because they where listed as a participating hotel on the voucher.

Overall there seem to be some problems but with flexibility there should be a solution to using the vouchers for me. As mentioned before, I would have to be flexible if I was using Marriott or Hilton points too! (Thank God for SPG for those other non flexible trips!)

Last edited by christianj; Apr 26, 2005 at 11:58 am