FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - College students - Fly unlimited Indy for $249 all summer!!!
Old Apr 22, 2005, 9:34 am
retirentravel

Originally Posted by chicaloca453
In some ways, it's false advertising. It says college students get an air pass, but when you read the fine print, there's an age restriction. But really, if it's meant for college students, it should include any college student (like the 20% off fares seem to).

They missed the boat by establishing some loyalty with older more non-traditional students. Some may be very close to or already entering the workforce. When their business trips included air travel, they might look into Flyi more sincerely had they treated them as they did the college students aged 18-24 (or 25 whatever the maximum age is).

I think it was a big PR no-no for FlyI. They could have gained a lot of support and filled more seats by opening it up to all college students.
They need to set boundaries somewhere on what is overall, an amazing promo for those who can take advantage of it. I still think they will gain support for this - no other airlines have done ianything like this if I remember correctly.