FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No more smoking at WC in MSP
View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2005, 9:39 am
rwill11
Suspended

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND
live and let live

Originally Posted by frankc98376
When I smoked, I appreciated that room. I agree that the smoke did leave the room- you could smell it quite a ways out.
A simple exhaust fan would have been great- they didn't add any way to exhaust all of that smoke. I used to laugh that I didn't even need to light up- just walk into the room and inhale.
As a non smoker I am on one hand glad that the smell is gone, on the other hand still feel for those that do smoke. SLC has smoking rooms in each concourse- there is great ventilation and I smelled nothing walking by. LAX T3 has the best idea- an outdoor atrium near the gates.
Nice to see someone be realistic on this thread. I believe the OPs message was to alert other folks with a short connection so they could duck outside before walking to the club only to find a message from Henne-pinhead. Besides this thread degeneratating into the pros and cons of smoking; what bothers me most is this. The Worldclub is a private club. The county wants to stick their nose in. Whats next? A referee in your bedroom when the lights go out? Heaven forbid if they found out about the lapdancers in conference room X NW depends on a large crowd from asia and they're smokers. Dont be surprised if they stop selling one day passes at msp. then the club will be totally PRIVATE. There was a time that people could smoke throughout the club(and the terminal too) As a gesture to the non smokers the smokers were herded into a conference room. Now it seems thats not good enough. In regard to the bigger exaust fan, good idea. Problem is that when you open the door the stench of politically correct whiners fills up the smoking room