FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Centurion qualification jumps to $250,000 on May 1, 2005
Old Apr 18, 2005, 6:07 pm
jonnye

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
I'll second that! Why? Because what could happen now will be all the $100-$150K spenders winding up their accounts, leaving the X amount of the $250K spenders and then a massive gap down to the $50K a year spenders. I can't really see this working in favour of Amex to be honest, but we'll see what happens.

What gets to me is this, I’m currently being dealt with retentions at the moment 'cos I’ve swiped £87K ($165K) this year on my card and they basically told me "Eh sorry Mr 'jonnye' but I’m afraid we're not sending out (Centurion) invitations until Q3 2005", I explained to them that their missing the point, I don't want a 'Black Amex Card' I want the Centurion product portfolio, Travel/Insurance/Service etc.

When will Amex realise they are losing customers like me who are willing to patch as many expenses as possible through them in return for some quality service, and they're so hung up on the 'Black Card Syndrome' they can't see past the Loyal Customer who's more interested in Service than the colour of Plastic.

Wake up Amex!

Last edited by jonnye; Apr 18, 2005 at 6:09 pm