FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC MIAMI Downtown Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2005, 5:01 pm
Makanmata

Thumbs down IC Miami

Stayed last week at the IC in downtown Miami, and had a horrible experience. Don't usually stay at IC, and I am certainly now less inclined to do so in the future.

I had booked a "Business Options" rate of approximately $350/night, which was supposed to give me an upgrade to a Jr. Suite or Club Floor if available. Requested the upgrade to a Jr. Suite (as I have no use for the club floor), which I was told was available if I wanted to pay, but the front desk never heard of Business Options and insisted that my rate gave me no upgrade at all. Upon my insistence, she asked a manager (as I waited), returned to tell me that I was right, and proceeded to give me the club room instead of my choice of Jr. Suite. The Business Options rate was an extra $35/night or so, and turned out to be wasted money.

Room was decorated horribly. A real nightmare of garish "Miami Vice" furniture and rough stone bathroom. Much more importantly, upon waking the next morning, I was to find that the dinky showerhead was clogged up and it was impossible to shower beneath the drippage. The bathtub had no shower head, so forced to take a bath. Highly aggravating.

Called down to front desk and told them that it needed to be fixed or they would have to move me when I returned. Upon return from work in the evening, nothing had been fixed, and the front desk had no record of my call. Asked for manager and left a message, but still waiting for a return call. Finally complained loudly enough for Front Desk staff to take notice, and repaired it somewhat, but still exceptionally poor shower, and entirely unacceptable for the approximately $350/night rate I was paying.

Upon checkout the next day the clerk asked me how my stay was and I let him know that it was poor, and explained to him why. He assured me that he would bring it up with the Manager and that he would be sure to call me. Still waiting.

Short story: don't stay here. Very mediocre accommodations at premium prices. Hope to avoid downtown in the future, but I am sure that I could do no worse at other hotels for more reasonable prices.