FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Calling all OK+ members.
View Single Post
Old Apr 14, 2005, 5:29 am
nldogbert

Originally Posted by graraps
It's not "fair" or "unfair". It's stupid. The whole idea of a FFP is to make flyers less price-sensitive, since miles don't cost airlines that much. If Skyteam don't want to reward my loyalty, Air Berlin also flies all over Europe with comparable service and at significantly better prices!

This is a very true statement. Furthermore, I think one of the main reason to be within a certain FFP is to also show loyalty towards a certain airline/alliance to benefit from the perks we gain later on after certain number of trips/miles. We don't mind paying a bit more just to show our loyalty with the airline/alliance, but if they are going to repay such loyalty by dumping such rules, of course they will loose out on members. I have stuck with ST so far because one of the perks is that they "used" to be rather generous with their miles, but if they are going to have such stingy rules, than I would now certainly look at other airlines since they have much better pricing or rules. Why would I want to go on ST since from where I am, it is always a connecting flight and truthfully service is not as good as with some of their competitors based here in BRU

Well, just my 0.02€ on this reduction.