FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton and San Cristobal Tower, Santiago, Chile [Master Thread]
Old Apr 7, 2005, 6:37 pm
ajnaro

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by dabbagmm
I will be visiting Santiago for four days and I'm booked at San Cristobal Tower. Any feedback on this? How do they treat Platinums? Thanks.
I am writing this from San Cristóbal Tower! First, in my experience the San Cristóbal treats Platinum SPG members very well. In the past five years or so, I have received suite upgrades on every visit. And the suites are really magnificent, with two huge completely separate rooms. Although the hotel’s location is not very convenient for people who like to walk, two new bridges have just been built over the Mapocho River, putting the hotel within a 10-15 minute walk to shops, restaurants, etc, in a near-by neighborhood called Providencia. Also, taxis are very cheap if you avoid the so-called taxis peddled by the hotel and take ordinary metered taxis. Two or three of these are normally waiting at the foot of the small hill at the Sheraton entrance. If you want a good location, right in Providencia, try the Four Points.