FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will JetsGo rise from the ashes....
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2005, 6:46 pm
parnel
At Large

Originally Posted by Maclock
I couldn't agree more. I have NEVER understood the dance of joy and jubilation that the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) has done on the grave of Jetsgo, except, perhaps, to illustrate its hostility towards entrepreneurial people that challenge the views of the CBC and what it thinks is the natural order of things (i.e., heavy regulation of industries, subsidized -- if not paid for entirely -- by the taxpayers of Canada, to the exclusion of enterprises that are not favoured by the government). The demise of Jetsgo -- whatever one thinks of its founder, Michel Leblanc -- is to be mourned, as it marks the sad failure of a competitor that could be expected to assert some kind of price pressure on other Canadian carriers.

I HOPE and PRAY that the Canadian government moves quickly to permit both cabotage and majority foreign ownership of carriers operating in Canada. I drive a Japanese car, I used an American-built computer, my telephones are made in China, I eat fruit grown in tropical countries...as long as carriers from WHATEVER country fly in accordance with the standards, rules, regulations and laws of Canada, why should I care where the aircraft comes from, the nationality of the owners of either the aircraft or the company, etc.?

Hey, another sensible poster from the right side of things...welcome aboard