FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who to complain to about a taxi in Stockholm?
Old Mar 29, 2005, 4:30 pm
MADflyer

Programs: UA*G, SK-EBB, DL-G, IB-Silver Marriott Gold , HHonors Gold, SHG Gold
Kista

Originally Posted by ropmot141
Thanks to both of you for your detailed replies!

I must admit that I was very surprised that this sort of thing would happen in Sweden

I will certainly be better prepared next time! One problem was that I wasn't going to the city centre, so the Arlanda Express (which I have used previously ) wasn't appropriate.

I picked the taxi up at Arlanda (I don't remember which line it was), to Kista. I was charged SEK445, the "correct" fare according to the hotel (and confirmed by my return journey) is SEK300-320.

The taxi company was called "Taxi ABC", I think my flight arrived around 14:00, and the first receipt the driver gave me was for a journey between the times 09:17-10:55, and a distance of 87.22km. Registration number of the taxi was YZG025, and the driver's name was Mahmud Rojhan (or Roshan). Hey, I even have his mobile phone number

I guess I'll just chalk this up to experience! Thanks again.
While on the pricey side 445 is not that bad. The fixed rates to Kista run 325 SEK and it varies by company up to 395 SEK. The fixed rates to Kista are quite high when you think that they have they only have the easy part of the journey on the motorway without having traffic in the inner city.

A normal metered ride would have come to around 600 SEK. 225 to 300 is normal for a metered ride from the city centre to Kista.

The "flygbussarna" airport buses operate the Bromma line as well from bus stop 12 at Arlanda. These buses leave the motorway first at Kista and are considerably less expensive than a taxi. The problem is the inconvenience of hourly departures instead of the city buses that leave every 10 minutes. A bus-rail-bus ticket is also available with buss to Marsta, train to Helenalund and then 3 buss stops to Kista with a journey time of about 45 minutes and departures about every 15 minutes.

Many do everything possible to avoid taxis in Stockholm and the excellent public transportation leaves many potential routings.