FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Churchill London REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 24, 05, 10:28 am
broadwayboy

I was there last weel for 3 nights on FFN. The rooms at club floors were fully booked, so I was given a deluxe room with a view (park) on the 6th floor. Not much of a view, really and the room is very tired looking (I was told renovation on guestrooms will start late this year). Access to lounge was given.

The sucky thing about being on the non club floors is that no amenities is given. I receive neither a fruit platter nor wine - and I can not stand the very colorful toilettries they give in non-club floors. What also sucks is they replace the Molton Brown toilettries in the health club with the rather yucky smelling toilettries from the regular rooms.

But thankfully weather in London was GLORIOUS last week.

Originally Posted by Steph58
Looks like everyone gets upgraded to a suite on FFNs but me. Normally I would never even bother to ask with FFNs, but I'd read here it was a common occurrence so I sent an e-mail prior to my stay the end of Sept. Mentioned that it was my mother's 74th birthday, and I even offered to use my Diamond suite upgrade cert. Received a reply that they would upgrade us. When we arrived they absolutely wouldn't do it--said not on FFNs. I had the cert but not the e-mail or name of the person who confirmed. This was the last stop at the end of a 21-day marathon trip through Europe, so I didn't press the issue since by that point I was exhausted. Received a room on the RC floor with 2 very comfortable twin beds and view of trees in the park across the street. Room was nice enough and big enough for 2--like they say, we weren't in the room much anyway. Nice RC and very helpful staff. Also, paid for a 60-minute card for internet access on their computers in the lobby. For some reason, the time never got deducted each time I used it, so I considered that a perk. My mother enjoyed the fruit basket--especially that hairy looking fruit from Thailand.