FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ACE group sets up ethics hotline
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2005, 8:10 am
the happy booker

Originally Posted by Stranger
Where do you get the impression this is targeting executives?

My guess is, it's the opposite: that this will be used lower down the totem pole while executives will be left alone. Executives, ethics? Isn't that the oxymoron of the day? Why do we have lawyers? To tell us how far we can go and still get away with it. All for the benefit of the corporation, of course, which is the ultimate (ethical) "good," the ultimate justification for trying to get away with anything. Business "ethics" in a nutshell.

Also, not sure opening a line to denonciation of your colleagues will be all that good for employee morale though?
Ohhh baby, you don't know what you're talking about. Gonna be a lot of denonciation of colleauges, but if you've got the brains, that's where you start to pick up the trail. Becauseit's the lower downs who are doing the leg-work in any theft/fraud on the orders of the higher ups. You go from the little guy, to the middle guy, to the broad at the top, and from there, who knows? And my experience is, that people are so terrorized by their colleagues involved in these doings, that giving them an anonymous outlet might just open the flood-gates.
I do hope my former colleagues enjoy the surprise party I've so carefully planned for them. It seems I've been missing a lot while working so hard on preparing and mailing the invitations....