FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bali & Langkawi
Thread: Bali & Langkawi
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2005, 6:03 am
fallinasleep

Originally Posted by jpatokal
Let's see. You could spend four hours drinking champagne and nibbling on dim sum in the SIN Silver Kris or newly renovated BKK Thai lounges while damsels in baju kebayas/Thai silk tiptoe around to inform you when your flight is leaving... or you could spend four hours in plastic seats or on the floor at the boarding gate in KUL, surrounded by screaming babies and kids running around, with no information on when your flight is actually going to take off, and surly agents in screaming red uniforms saying you'll forfeit your ticket if you dare leave even to the bathrooms (yes, this happened to me once!).

If this was an ordinary leisure flight or the OP was a backpacker, I would not hesitate to recommend Air Asia, which I fly a lot myself (including earlier this week, as it happens). But not on a honeymoon...
Thanks for elaborating on why it would be a dumbass idea to fly an LCC on one's honeymoon. The difference in cost is not great enough to risk it.

Now, I flew JetstarAsia between SIN and HKG for a reasonable fare and had a fine experience, except that my plane sat on the tarmac for three hours due to a mechanical issue. I had my exit row and was in no rush so I was perfectly content but I don't know what I would have done had the flight been cancelled.