FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEW Programs AF-KLM "FLYING BLUE"
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2005, 10:16 am
ALEXIS2004

Dctorres, they mentioned that the cards will be sent out during April/May to all members who have had some activity in the last two years. So come June 1 almost everyone will have his card.

blairvanhorn, I agree with your comments. After rethinking the possible scenarios, I think the Gold level will be the equivalent of today's Rouge and Platinum will have even more benefits. But I really do not see how they will handle the current Rouges without getting some people angry.
Scenario 1: They give all Rouges the Platinum card for 9 months. This will anger some FD people who had say 55,000qmiles in 2004 who will have to settle for Gold (had they been F+ they would have become Platinum)
Scenario 2: They split the Rouges into Gold and Platinum according to their qmiles of 2004. Some people will say that the rules changed after the game was over.
Out of the two scenarios, No.2 seems more plausible, especially if they keep exactly the same benefits that Rouges had to the new Gold level and Platinums get new increased benefits.