FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Travel - Never on CO
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 1999, 8:37 pm
sbrower
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Award Travel - Never on CO

I have *never* been able to successfully book award travel on Continental. (I haven't been elite for a number of years). I have tried at least twice a year for the past four years. Most recently I tried this morning. I wanted to go from LAX-EWR, stopover, then continue to London a few days later, then return to LAX. This was with my family, so I needed 4 seats. I know this is a popular route, but I was looking for travel next July (i.e. - my proposed return flight was 325 days in the future - just about as soon as you can possibly make a reservation). We got the seats from LAX to Newark, although I had to go one day earlier than I wanted because Fri-Sat-Sun are blackout dates for international travel during the summer. I wanted to go from New York to London on Tuesday, July 11. "Oops, there is only one seat that day, the only other option is **20** days earlier, and there is only **1** seat that day." Never even bothered to find out whether it would be possible to get home.

Adding to my continued disappointment, the agent told me that many award seats would be created over the next few months, because otherwise it wouldn't be fair to people who didn't know their travel plans this far in advance<<???>> (I know she didn't know what she was talking about, but she works in the award travel department - what are they telling these people during training?)

Oh, by the way, I called AA five minutes later and booked (for 4 people) the exact flights I wanted, on the exact dates I wanted, including the London-LA nonstop on the return, on the *regular* *restricted* award, *before* I gave them my name or frequent flyer number.

Now, remind me, why do I have 1.9+ million miles on AA, and only 150,000 on CO?