FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ITN, what's going on?
View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2000, 8:24 am
Shareholder
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
ITN, what's going on?

Ever since Amex took over ITN, I have found the site has become more cluttered and slowed down to a crawl, taking what seems to be forever to do a booking, or check availabilities and seating charts. More specific to my query here:

Wanted to do a week-to-go check on J-class availabilities on my flights to/from SYD next week to see what upgrade potential was at the 72-hour threshold. Using the J-class booking I get flights displayed as J7/D7, but when I try to book, the screen comes back with "unable" suggesting the flights are sold out.

How can this be explained if the initial screens indicate inventory in both categories of business seats?

When I checked a month ago, the front cabin was showing one-half open going down and more than 3/4s open returning. Suspecting my problem may have resulted because economy was oversold (which I suspected from posts from those who have already flown these routes and their experiences) and they were holding J/D open for upgrading purposes, I checked the back cabin and it is quite open on all segments, at least 65 seats on all flights.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?