FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does "reserving" tickets guarantee tickets if TACA pulls out of GP?
Old Mar 9, 2005, 11:33 am
1TXtrvlr

Programs: CO OnePass Gold
Originally Posted by SAPMAN
No airport tax as a Transit passenger. Reentry was only 15 min for us, but I would allow an hour + just in case.

PS: I have some leftover Chile pesos, if anyone wants some starter money at reg exchange rate.
Just changed 20,000 Chilean Pesos this a.m. Forgot I had that much on me when I left SCL, and haven't been able to change it anywhere. Good luck that one of the doctors I work for is going to Santiago to a conference. And she's very happy she doesn't have to look for an ATM at 1:30 a.m. when her TACA flight arrives.

Interesting that SJO lets you re-enter the terminal without paying the departure tax. Had a five hour layover in SAL after I took a bump on CO on my way to SJO, but the TACA flight we were supposed to connect to just left (CO flight at IAH had some paperwork problem, so we got to the head of the line on the tarmac, but let about a dozen CO aircraft take off in front of us, and arrived late in SAL). The CO employees told us we could not exit the airport because we were in transit.

Wasn't all that upset about not being able to exit, SAL is far from the city, and it was about 95 degrees outside ..... but 5 hours is a long time to wait at any airport