FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starwood and CP Gold
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2000, 11:02 am
Shareholder
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I don't see the reference to the 1000 Cdn+ points per stay, just the other things you mentioned. As a GOLD in both programs, I've always just had my stays credited to STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST to get 3 points per US$ spent. I also get regular mailers from Cdn+/STARWOOD promoting the 1000 Cdn+ point offer, but never took this to mean a return to "Double Dipping" (as existed when WESTIN PREMIER offered this with AC and other carriers). You choose to have you points credited to either PREFERRED or Cdn+, not both.

I may be wrong on this, but can't see anything about the 1000-point airline credit in the new Cdn+ GOLD guide.

It is probably better to have points credited to Cdn+ than PREFERRED GUEST: It would take 4 or 5 nights (or more) per stay to get 1,000 points in the STARWOOD program (@2x per $US1) which could then be transferred to Cdn+ at a 1 to 1 ratio. You'd just need one night to get the Cdn+ 1,000 points, or 500 under normal circumstances.

Have you called the number to find out?