FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Big disappointment with CP
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2000, 1:37 pm
transborder

Programs: AA Platinum
It seems to me that CP employees have become increasingly surly since December '99. I usually refrain from taking an entire population of individuals and grouping them together but the overall attitude, in my opinion, tends to be "and that means what to me..?" I do applaud Point Weasel's comment about hanging up. I was attemtping to change an on-line AA reservation recently with an agent. The two of us may as well have been speaking English and Swahili. I requested to be transferred to a supervisor and was told "no, but you can hang up and call back". These simple words were like waving a huge red flag in front of me as if I were a bull. I must have become rather loud because one of the people I work with came running into my office to make certain I was alright. In the end I did get transferred, did complain that I flew close to 100K with AA/oneworld in 99, and did complete the tasks associated with the call. In retrospect I should have hung up and saved myself significant stress. I will continue to remember this incident, as well as others,and associate it w/AA. The agent has long since forgotten me and probably had zero personality with a plethora of other people who had the misfortune of being "handled" by this agent.