FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Low Fares... Use Them or Lose Them
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2005, 10:36 pm
StSebastian

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Everyone goes with what they want. I have to admit that even with Star Alliance and SkyTeam status, and lots of leisure travel to three continents in the last two years, I've bought tickets on a lot of different airlines. DH and WN are the only two airlines I've ever bought a full-fare ticket on, and I appreciate that they have reasonable full-fare tickets available.

Even though I had the option to fly others, I'm taking DH to LAS later this week. I wanted to try out their A319 for the long haul flights, and caught the discount flights to LAS when the $44/$64 sale first showed up.

At double points, $750 in tickets (after taxes) qualifies you for an award ticket. That's not unreasonable to me. I look for good prices and ability to qualify for an award ticket, and factor that discount value into the original price of the ticket. I guess the novel nature of the upgrades and stuff isn't as interesting to me anymore -- I just want to get where I want to go at a reasonable price with a reasonable service. I'm not flying RyanAir, but I also don't need CX F everywhere I want to go.