FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Winter schedule
Thread: Winter schedule
View Single Post
Old Nov 2, 1999, 1:32 pm
Andrew Yiu
Company Representative - Air Canada

Winter schedule

Just got a chance to pick up a copy of CP's winter schedule copy over the weekend's travel. Discovered some 'stupid' changes CP made:

Toronto - Vancouver
  • number of flights have been reduced. CP 983 which leaves in the morning has been dropped. Instead putting customer on CP1 and CP7 which continues on to TKY and HKG from YVR. CP983 is probably is highest loading out of all the flights leaving from YYZ-YVR, why would they do that? I think they try to redirect those customer on CP7 and CP1 to make their planes look fuller.
  • They continue to use A320 on a lot of these flights. I personally have heard a lot of criticism regarding A320 J seats, especially from those paying customer. After all, us that get upgrades can't complain!, but till hate them. Found that pitch in J class on the 737 was even better than A320 this weekend.
  • Cancelled the 20:45 out of YYZ - YVR and 15:00 out of YVR - YYZ. I know those are added on flights in the summer time. However, those flights are convienient espcially when I can catch the 20:45 to YVR after work in order to get a night rest before starting work. Also too big of a gap between 14:15 and 16:00 leaving from YVR. This makes the last flight out of YYZ 19:00.

Some other things I noticed are:
  • Cancelled the direct flight from Calgary to Tokyo which is usually/always filled to capacity. Now people have to fly to YVR and then fly to Tokyo.
  • Changed some A320 flights betwwen YYZ-YYC to 737. Maybe I am wrong, don't think they have movies on 737, do they? What happen then on 5 hour flights from YOW-YVR?

Some changes they made for the new schedule is unbelievable.

Regards,
Empress