FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice on YYZ-YVR Please!
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 1999, 2:27 pm
Fisch
Original Member

Advice on YYZ-YVR Please!

I will be flying YYZ-YVR-YYZ with CP on the weekend, and I have a few questions: I have not been seen on a CP aircraft since January 5th, so all this new International Business Class stuff is unfamiliar to me. The flights are just on hold for now, until I decide if I really want to go CP for the first time since "Proud Wings" took over.

The outbound flight is a 767 at 17:45 on Saturday. I have been confirmed for my upgrade to seat 5A (last row, single seat). I know it is against the rules to upgrade prior to paying, but the only seats in economy were middle seats. The agent felt strongly against putting me in a middle seat, so she just did the upgrade right then and there, 90 some hours prior to the flight (I am a Gold member).

Should I expect a redone interior. If I see that the plane is newly painted on the outside, does that mean that it is new on the inside as well?

YVR-YYZ at 08:30 on Monday is a DC10. I have not been upgraded, but am seated in 11B at this point. I am very nervous about getting onboard a DC10. They are just so old, what are other's thoughts on the DC10?

Thanks in advance for any help!

BTW: On Sunday night, I will try out the brand new Fairmont Vancouver Airport Place! I'll give a full report when I return.