FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - These are a few of my fAAvorite things (About AA)
Old Mar 7, 2005, 2:39 am
freeupgrade

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by CharlesMD
With all of the general negativity about AA, I think it's important to remember that there are still many, many, MANY great things about this airline, which is why I love to fly it:

Charles, wow - very detailed list. I really hate to burst your bubble here, yet I do think yhou are giving AA a bit too much credit on some of this stuff. Don't get me wrong, I do agree with some of your list, yet felt compelled to respond (in parentheses after each item):
  1. Ice cream sundaes - (Please keep in mind these are essentially being cut domestically, with exception of nonstop transcons (from what I have read here today on other threads).
  2. Photographs at the entrance of the LAX FL: What beautiful waves! (I'll take your word for it - have never been in there).
  3. Gerard Arpey's column (I have never thought this was that great - but o.k.).
  4. Give out bump/CSR vouchers that accrue miles and don't have blackout dates (Disagree - Every airline does this).
  5. Perrier in the ACs (Agree).
  6. In-flight entertainment in F trans-con and international (Again, every airline has this).
  7. VIPOWs (Agree).
  8. I love the soup in F and miso soup in J to Japan (Don't know, have never flown to NRT).
  9. During the holidays FAs dress up or decorate the plane (i.e. Halloween, Christmas) (Agree - have seen this at X-Mas).
  10. Always greet me with a smile when I get on the airplane (Sorry - Strongly disagree - am often treated like I have run over their pet on way to airport). FA morale really bad right now.
  11. 1MM Lifetime gold: Something to aspire to! (Agree).
  12. Bose headsets (On intl. and domestic transcon F only - yes, I agree).
  13. Slippers on flights to/from Japan in J/F (Don't know).
  14. F/J amenity kit lip balm (Sounds good - have not flown intl. in awhile, so I can't comment).
  15. All the great restaurants at ORD: Wolfgang Puck and Panda Express (I do agree vre: ORD. However, LAX restaraunts suck - big time). Not necessarily AA's fault though.
  16. ex-NRT catering (Don't know).
  17. All the community service AA and AA employees do, especially as featured in AmericanWay (Agree - have often been impressed by this group).
  18. People that work at the AC are always so friendly! (I simply cannot agree - BOS is particularly awful).
  19. Water bottles with meals internationally in J and Y (Agree).
  20. Pre-departure drinks (Well, when you are lucky enough to get one).
  21. Meal service in Y internationally is very fast-- I like how FAs follow the meal cart with drinks (Wouldn't know).
  22. In-flight power (why doesn't AA rent adapters?) - (Mine did not work on 8 hr. flight the other day - however, generally I agree).
  23. The EXP desk - (YES - Totally agree overall, with some bad apples).
  24. EXP domestic upgrade policy (Agree).
  25. AA flies to so many places (Agree).
  26. Lounge access on international itineraries (Agree)
  27. Discounts for good causes like Komen Breast Cancer (Agree)
  28. Strength of OW alliance and great partner airlines (i.e. BA and CX) - (Agree).
  29. Generous award availability-- I've never had a problem booking tickets (Have to agree overall here).
  30. Gail Greene (Well, mixed emotions here. She really did not help me resolve a refund issue at all).
  31. AA flies our servicemen/women to Iraq (How patriotic!) ^ - (Agree, yet probably being reimbursed somewhat by govt.).
  32. RDU FAs
  33. AmericanWay is interesting to read-- I like how they feature celebrity destinations! (Mixed agreement here - the FL condo ads are sooo annoying).
  34. Great F seats to HNL on the 767 (when seat power outket and footrest bwork - yes, I agree).
  35. Aren't bankrupt
  36. What a great name: AMERICAN
  37. The FAs check my coat and take care of it (overall agree - yet other day on 8 hr. flight, FA "took care of it" by folding it and shoving into overhead bin on 767).
  38. The FL chocolates
  39. First class check-in (Isn't this a bit too much credit here - EVERY airline has this).
  40. Smoked salmon in First
  41. Flagship Suites (YES, YES, YES).
  42. Upgrades for military people traveling in uniform (YES, YES, YES).
  43. Exit row seating in Y (Again, every airline has this for elites).
  44. Catering in the ORD FL
  45. AA.com: So easy to use!
  46. AA promptly answers my calls (even at the non-elite number)- (Agree).
  47. Phone agents speak English as their first language and are generally helpful (Re: English - with all due respect, way too much credit being given here).
  48. Elite security lines - (DFW Twerm. A - Agree. What other airports?).
  49. Filet mignon - (YES, when it is offered).
  50. Row 31 AB, HJ on the 777
  51. I feel very safe flying on AA - (Agree).
  52. That friendly automatic lady voice that answers the phone
  53. Online check-in (Agree - yet this is also found at virtually every other domestic carrier now).
  54. So easy to earn miles - (Agree).
  55. Cool people on the AA FT: LLZ, CMK10, bedelman, PresRDC, ScottTexas
  56. Internet access in the Admiral's Clubs
  57. AC access for servicemen and women - (Agree).
  58. Showers in the DFW Terminal A AC - (Agreee).
  59. Responsive customer service - (Disagree. Years ago - yes. Now - no way).
  60. The 777 - YES.

P.S. I am trying to get this up to at least 100-- any suggestions?