FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Low Fares... Use Them or Lose Them
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2005, 9:49 pm
sipples

Programs: AA Gold, IHG & Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Exactly.. If I'm not paying for the ticket.. the only thing I'm getting out of a biz trip is miles.. On LCC I get crap.. oh some stupid point system that disappears in a 12 month revolving period.. or whatever the crap that they have is.. I would switch if they had some sort of real FF plan.. but this crap that JB has, Indy, SW, and whatever other junk is out there does not do a thing for me. but thank you I air for at least bring fares at IAD down while you last, if you really want me.. get a real FF program!!!!
I concur. Unfortunately business travelers can be bribed. Southwest has a rather good frequent flyer program. Neither JetBlue nor AirTran do, but both have interesting products (JetBlue with live TV, AirTran with business class). I think Independence's product is quite good, but a frequent flyer program would help.

Virgin Atlantic would make a logical partner, both for codesharing and for its frequent flyer program. (Virgin does have one daily non-stop Dulles to/from London.) With Independence, Virgin could get into many more East Coast markets. (America West helps Virgin on the West Coast.)